""

Announcement | Updates

3rd May - Creating new blog skin(May take some time, although mostly done)
-----2014-----

28th April - Changing Gallery's layout with JavaScript
18th April - Adding "Ichiban Suki na Anime to Geemu Kyara! (>/////<)" to My Profile
18th April - Replaced old "My Anime Wishlist! :P" in My Profile
-----2013-----

23rd September - Relocated random character catch phrases
16th June - Plans to relocate and redesign the top marquee
14th June - Fixing blog's meta description on search engine
31st May - Removed Poll
29th April - Adding Poll on sidebar
26th April - Fixing blog archive calender
8th April - Trying to figure out how to prevent the Google 'zx=' parameter from loading into the URL
8th April - Styling calendar archive
8th April - Unprivating the blog

7th April - Edited post in Personal Blog Entry
7th April - Added new background image without 'magiccolumn' and Haruka-chan :(
7th April - Redoing Background due to cross-browser issues and screen sizes
6th April - Added more 'addthis' button.
6th April - Changed Twitter description in Contact ME
6th April - Changed the Contact Me shoutbox color
6th April - Color and style change for Personal Blog Entry
6th April - Fixed the banner in 'Link to me' for Chrome browser
5th April - Added 'Version 7.0' to the banner
5th April - Fixing Wallpaper

5th April - Modifying the Random Quotes Bar for better view
4th April - Adding Konami Code
3rd April - New blog template's main look completed
2nd April - Blog is now on version 7.0! :D
27th Feb - Did a revamp on the blog. :)
-----2012-----

Summer 2012 Impressions~ Part 1

Sorry about how late into the season I am doing this but, will try my very best to complete them~ Also, like what my previous post wrote, this season is basically a moeblob season~ with quite some romance and fantasy as well. Similar to my previous impressions, I will not be reviewing on those that have been greyed out. One new thing I will be adding into the post would be the title of the series follow by the hash tag of each series~ Also I will be breaking up the scores at the end in details and then averaging them!
Rinne no Lagrange II - #kamojo
Yes! Maru! It's back~ This is the 2nd season of Rinne no Lagrange (well, obviously~!) As a fan I am extremely happy for this continuation. I get to see more of Lan-chan~ Woof~

From the left, Madoka, Muginami, Lan
Back on serious mode, Rinne no Lagrange is a Sci-Fi, Action Comedy with mecha as one of its theme too. The series is set on the city of Kamogawa with Madoka of the Jersey Club as the protagonist. Her catch phrase is "Maru~". Madoka first met Lan and later Muginami (who are actually 'aliens'). Together, they each pilot a Vox unit. Lan and Muginami each belong to a different race of 'alien' that was once Earthlings. They went back to their homes at the end of the first season.

That's basically the summarized version of season one. Season 2 basically continues the story and it talks more about the Rin-ne phenomenon and Yurikano-hime, the previous Vox Aura pilot. Season 2 focuses more on the "non-earth" side.

This is not that of a good series for ANYONE to enjoy~ If you are those "serious" type of watcher, I am afraid this just isn't your stuff. It should suit those who likes series like Strike Witches(though this series could never match Strike Witches' moe-ness) and perhaps Infinite Stratos. Though surely, Rinne no Lagrange have more plots than the mentioned.

I would say I find Lan-chan's naiveness attractive. How she got tricked to do the Woof~ on /every/ greeting she does on earth is really way too cute! I love her hair style too. The story isn't bad but still kind of Meh~! in the sense that there is plenty to improve though still watchable.

My overall rating (just for the season 2 only) is a 6.5 for the story/plot, 7.3 for the art(background, animation, etc. excluding character design), 8 for the character as well(character design, personalities, etc) and 7.5 for the audio/sounds (SFX, BGM, OP/ED/IN songs and character voice). My average overall score for #kamojo would be a 7.4(rounded up)~


TARI TARI - #taritari

Oh Gawd~♪ This anime just pwns! When it was first announced, I almost mistaken it for another Hanasaku Iroha mainly because the art and well, both are by the same P.A. Works studio~

TARI TARI is a Drama series with Music as its main theme~ The series is set in Shirahamazaka High School with Konatsu(the girl with the orange hair) as the main protagonist. Konatsu was a choir member but due to some screw up she made on a live performance, she is no longer given a chance to sing on stage.

[SPOILER] 
She later quit the club and decided to create a new club where she can sing on her freewill and invited Sawa and Wakana into the club. Wakana stood in at first only as a "ghost member" as she doesn't wish to join any club due to reasons but just couldn't refuse Konatsu's request. The two male on the right are Taichi(the only badminton club member) and Atsuhiro AKA Wein(a newly transferred student from Austria) who were later "forced" to join the club as well.  
[/Spoiler]

First of all, TARI TARI is really an awesome series~ All the girls are so darn cute (personally a Sawa-tard and slightly a Konatsu-tard) and the music is simply brilliant! Animation is great, character development is excellent. Even the story, and sub stories is god-tiered! I just simply can't find a reason for anyone to dislike the series, if they are 100% a human.

Well, my score for the series would be a 8 for story(because the whole plot kind of ran on its sub-stories, i.e. Wakana's arc, Sawa's arc, etc., etc.) though it is really very interesting and touching(Wakana's arc especially), 9.3 for its art~ (Remember Hanasaku Iroha's animation quality and sceneries? Well, TARI TARI's is just as beautiful as that was!), 8.9 for the characters(it is great, but there really are better!), and finally a 8.1 for the audio/sounds! (The OP and ED are really great!. The ED is done by the seiyuu cast fyi and they really can sing~ though I kinda' feel that saori hayami-san stole the limelight on some occasions. ww). And so my overall score for the series is a 8.6!


La storia della Arcana Famiglia - #AF_anime

I was kind of anticipating this series for its action. I guess I should have research on its origin beforehand! :( For now, I have dropped it but will pick it up again when it reaches the "tournament" part... if it is going to be animated that is.

Okay, Arcana Famiglia is a Reverse Harem, Shoujo Romance series. Yes, it isn't even listed as an action series, but I could have sworn I saw someone or group giving labeling it as action somewhere. Anyway, the episodes are a little slice of life so an advance warning. The protagonists of the series are well, all the above and the main ones would be Felicita, Liberta and Nova, the first three from the left respectively.

Felicita's Father, Mondo - Holder of "The World" card
The plot of the story is that the current boss of the organization, who is also Felicita's father decided to retire and would like to choose a heir. However, he decided to organize a tournament whereby everyone in the "family" are allowed to participate. The tournament is to have everyone battle it out with their own unique arcana ability. The winner will be crown the new heir, boss of the organization. Felicita was also thrown into the tournament as a price for the winner. In order to stop this from happening, Felicita has to win the tournament with her "The Lover" card arcana ability. Nova and Liberta has also sworn to win the tournament and free the princess of her twisted future.

Well, since it IS a shoujo romance, it IS obviously aimed towards the female watcher. So, i was DEFINITELY disappointed with the fact that there is very little action scenes. The comments on the site where I usually watch my stuffs are basically full of fangirls cheers as well. So I would say that unless you are interested in such genre, and has actually tried similar series before (such as Ouran Highschool Host [I actually enjoyed Ouran Highschool so I am not really sure what's wrong with Arcana Famiglia] or Uta no Prince-sama), DO NOT PROCEED. You will be as bored as what I have felt when I was watching.

My rating for the series would be a 6 for the plot(because of the slight slice-of-life effect that has almost no relation to the original motive in the main plot), 8.3 for the art (the city/town where the story was set is actually drawn quite beautifully, the animation isn't bad either), 7.8 for the characters, 5.5 for the sound/audio (The OP is not bad, but the ending which is done by the male seiyuu isn't too good I would say. The ED seems to be targeting more towards a female perspective and not so much of general but perhaps that's because of it being a shoujo series... Some of the character voicing are good but most of the cast for the protagonist are thoroughly wrong choices. I am not saying they are bad voice actors but what I am trying to say is that they are not suited for the roles.) Therefore my final overall score for the series is a 6.9 but I will round it off to a 7 since I rated it mainly as a general series and not as a shoujo romance.



Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - #jintai

This is really a peculiar anime that you will either love it or hate it. For me it was love~ Episode 1 was just too bread-suiciding-awesomly-epic. I just had to love it after the chicken factory~ However, it's kinda dull right now but no worries, I am still keeping my hope high up for a surprise while enjoying the series.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is set many many years in the future where human are no longer the superior race around and in fact have declined badly. Fairies are currently the dominating race on Earth. This is a fantasy series with some really good gags to crack your day up! Because the whole story runs on a first person point of view which added on to the uniqueness of the series besides the art. The art is actually what I would describe as pastel-like in a good way. Most of the time the audience will be thrown within the main character's thoughts or monologue. Also, another uniqueness of the series would be that the main character and most supporting characters' name is not identified. In fact I personally feels that, that makes the audience feel more "inside" the story as everyone was addressed in the main protagonist's point of view.

The epic bread scene on the first episode. [source]
The main protagonist who is known by the audience as "Watashi" (Me or I), became the UN arbitrator of the Fairies and the Humans. While the main motive behind the plot is not noted, the audience will be set on an adventure with "Watashi" as she venture out to achieve her jobs. The first arc on the Fairy Co. is the more interesting and funny one. The next arc is on the Comic Panels. This is not as interesting but is watchable as well. After this is the arc on the "Lost Technology" where "Watashi" meets some new friends. I personally like this arc. There are also some actions in it too, but that's not the main point. Next is the current arc which is actually about the "Assistant" in the past. This are unfortunately is quite dull and tiring as it's like the endless eight of "The Melancholy of Haruhi" happening once again.

Personally, I love the art as it is a fresh and brand new concept. The first person narration is also an interesting feat. The fairies are cute in their own ways and the plot is weird but definitely attention grabbing. All in all, I would say that this series is good but you may need to get use to the TOTALLY brand new style which (in my memories and knowledge) NEVER happened in the history of anime. If you can't then you don't deserve this series. I would recommend those that are watching to finish up till the first arc(episode 3 i think) before judging the series.

My score for the series is a 7 for its plot, 7.3 for the art(I am rating it on what I believe the general public feels about it + the excellence in the the animation scenes for the Fairy Co's arc ), 7.8 for the audio/sounds(I really feel that Nakahara Mai did a very good job in voicing "Watashi". The fairies was good as well except for one occasion. Most of the supporting character did just about fairly well, the sound effects and background is good but nothing special excpet in the Fairy Co. arc, the opening theme by nano.ripe is quite a good one. I personally believe it is one of their better ones, though I was hoping there will be no nano.ripe this season, in a good way as explained in one of my previous posts, and the ending theme, by Masumi Ito reminded me of many of the older anisongs such as Azumanga Daioh's theme.), and finally a 8 for the characters, especially for the MC as I personally feels that she is animated really well. My overall score for the series would be a 7.6 but I will round it up further to 7.7 because it deserves it.



Chitose Get You!! - #tv_chitose

I didn't thought I will actually be watching this series. At first I was just simply giving it a try since it was only a 3mins series. Planned to drop it on the 3rd episode as the first 2 didn't catch much of my attention. But after the 3rd, I decided not to as it actually managed to crack me up a little. I am also glad that I didn't drop it as it is starting to be more and more funnier.

From the left: Hinako, Misaki, Chitose, Hiroshi, Asako
Chitose Get You!! is a 3mins production. It is a Slice-of-life Comedy revolving around the 11years old main character, Chitose. This series is obviously not about its plot but some background information would be that Chitose is in love with a much older man named Hiroshi(The guy in the banner). Two of Chitose's best friends are Misaki who has a severe complex over her father, and Hinako, a not so normal girl. Her teacher, Asako-sensei is also one of the notable characters of the series.

Most of the gags revolves around the mentioned characters. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is a 'serious' watcher, doesn't like slice-of-life comedies like Azumanga Daioh or Nichijou and anyone who claims that this is a pedophilic series without even watching the episode/understanding what the term PEDOPHILIC even means. I would strongly recommend it to those who loved the other wonderful short productions such as Recorder to Randoseru and Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki though the gag in this series wouldn't even be close to the mentioned.

My rating for the series(for fairness, I would just rate it using a "laughable meter" and "fascinating meter" as it is just a short production) would be a 6.5 for the laughable meter, and a 6 for the fascinating meter which would total up the overall score to 6.3



Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - #TE_anime
What is this about again? =.= Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this suppose to be a sci-fi series about humans in mechas versus invading extraterrestrial lifeforms, BETAs? Sooooooo, can someone please tell me how in the world did this transformed into a series about making new friends and being stranded on a deserted island while showing off some fan services of the series?

Anyway, Total Eclipse is one of the Muv Luv series, and also the only one adapted into an anime I believe. It is an Action Sci-Fi with obvious Mecha themes. I won't be doing a plot summary for this series because I seriously do not know what the heck it is even trying to show. Instead I should do a rough episodes summary instead. Anyway, the protagonist of the series are Takamura Yui(AKA Yui-hime), Cryska & Inia (they are also known as the Scarlet Twins) and Yuuya Bridges (a Japan-America mixed blood)

From the left: Scarlet Twins, Vincent, Yui, Yuuya, Stella, 
Valerio and Tarisa. Also note that the mecha on the right
  isn't the same art as in the anime itself. 
Click the image to view it larger
The first 2 episode was about the introduction of BETAs and Yui's horrid past. The rest of the episodes up till 6 is more on the introducing of the current members, which includes Yuuya Bridges, Stella, Valerio, Tarisa and Yuuya's Mechanic, Vincent. Yui is the "team leader" or commander of the team and the Scarlet Twins belong in another base. Except for the firs 2 episode, there has been not a single episode about battles with the BETAs, but we should /FINALLY/ see it in the next episode.

The usual skin-tight suits aside, fan services especially in episode 7(if I am not wrong) is quite forcefully and redundant in my opinion. The mecha isn't bad but I would say they are great either. Though they are animated in a 3D or 2.5D way like the mechas in Kurogane no Linebarrels, the Demoniacs in Blassreiter and the Dragons in Dragonauts -The Resonance-, though none where great animes. I also have a bad feeling with Total Eclipse ending up like one of the mentioned since the most obvious common traits of the series mentioned also happens to be in the anime. Well, however it will turn out, there's 24 episode in total and just maybe it will be great starting the next episode. I would recommend this to those who doesn't mind the wait because I have a very good feeling you will like it more watching the episodes continuously instead. Also it would be good if you like Mechas and doesn't mind gore too because those are also some of the common things in the series.

Overall I wouldn't say Total Eclipse is a great anime but it is definitely a watchable one. Like I wrote previously, there's still plenty of episode till the end and it might be good? My score for its plot unfortunately is only a 5, a 7.8 for the art (mainly because of the 3D/2.5D mecha effects and >////< changing scenes - SHINING SKIN TIGHT SUITS AREN'T EASY TO ANIMATE OKAY!? xP), 6.3 for the audio/sound (would be higher if not for the Koda Kumi OP. Because it /TOTALLY/ do not fit the series AT ALL even though the song is average. In the first place, they shouldn't even touch Koda Kumi for obvious reasons. Her voice isn't suited for most anisongs unless... Her songs are mostly meant for pure music enjoyment and not to add "spices" to an anime) and finally a 7.3 for the characters (mainly because there's quite a vast personality in the series and personally, even though the character design can still be improved). Hence, my final overall score for the series would be a 6.6!


With that I end my post~ Will be covering for probably 6 series in the next post too.


終わり~

No comments:



[Osusume PV]
Kenshi Yonezu - Eine Kleine
Blog Owner's Comment: Coming Soon!
Theme by SHiROiHoNOo | Copyright 2012 ★SHiROi HoNOo★ | Powered by Blogger | Banner & Art Illustrations by xSH